Andy is a trial lawyer with over seventeen years of civil litigation experience involving complex insurance coverage, alleged insurer bad faith, complex commercial disputes, serious personal injuries, and allegedly defective products. Andy has tried cases in multiple jurisdictions, and has handled all aspects of pre-trial, trial, and post-trial litigation, including case analysis, discovery plans, written discovery, depositions, pre-trial motions, jury charges, voir dire, direct and cross examinations, opening and closing arguments, and post-trial motions and arguments.
Andy has earned selection to Thomson Reuters’ list of Texas Super Lawyers (2013-2015) in Civil Litigation and Insurance Coverage, as published in Texas Monthly. He also was selected to the list of Texas Rising Stars in 2005-2007 by Thomson Reuters.
- Partner, Wright & Close, LLP, 2016 – Present
- Managing Member, Love Law Firm, PLLC, 2015 – 2016
- Partner, Wright & Close, LLP, 2004 – 2015
- Associate, Orgain, Bell & Tucker, LLP, 2001 – 2003
- Prosecutor, Jefferson County District Attorney’s Office, 2001
- Associate, Jackson Walker, LLP, 1998 – 2001
- Sergeant, United States Marine Corps, 1986 – 1992
- State Bar of Texas
- Houston Bar Association
- Washington State Bar Association
Awards and Recognition
- SuperLawyers 2013-2017 (Texas)
- Rising Star 2007-2008 (Texas)
- Texas Tech Law Review Outstanding Third year 1998
- Texas Tech Law Review Outstanding Editor 1998
- Andrew Love, “Surviving Yourself,” Litigation (Fall 2009).
- Harvey G. Brown, Jr. & Andrew Love, “Tips on Expert Witness Practice,” The Advocate (Winter 2005).
- Andrew Love & Harold Loftin, Jr., Civil Procedure, 31 Tex. Tech L. Rev. 457 (1999).
- Student Note: “Up in Smoke: The Texas Controlled Substances Tax Violates Double Jeopardy When Imposed in Proceedings Other than Those in Which Criminal Punishments for the Same Offense are Imposed,” 29 Tex. Tech L. Rev. 923 (1997).