Lisa’s practice includes both civil litigation and appeals. Lisa has worked on a variety of cases in all phases of litigation in state and federal court. She has worked on cases involving serious personal injury, wrongful death, premises liability, business torts, contract disputes, insurance coverage litigation, probate matters, and other commercial disputes. She has also worked on several cases involving criminal matters.
Before joining the firm, Lisa served as an officer with the Houston Police Department for seven years. She was a nightshift patrol officer for four years, and a Homicide Investigator for three years. She has handled numerous kidnapping and murder investigations. She has worked on hundreds of felony and misdemeanor cases. She has also testified as the investigating officer in numerous criminal trials involving murder, sexual assault, robbery, and DWI cases.
Outside the office, she enjoys spending time with her husband and their two daughters. Lisa also enjoys swimming, biking, and running.
- J.D., University of Houston Law Center 2014
- B.A., Criminal Justice; Spanish; Philosophy, Pennsylvania State University 2007, magna cum laude
- State Bar of Texas
- United States District Courts for the Southern, Eastern, and Western Districts of Texas
- Associate, Wright & Close, LLP, 2015 – Present
- Intern, Harris County District Attorney’s Office, 2014
- Officer, Houston Police Department 2008 – 2015
- Intern, Federal Bureau of Investigation, 2007
- State Bar of Texas (Appellate and Litigation Practice Sections)
- Houston Bar Association (Appellate and Litigation Practice Sections)