Randy has prosecuted and defended complex business cases throughout Texas. Randy’s docket has included virtually every area of business contract and tort litigation, including securities fraud, directors’ and officers’ liability, partnership disputes, employment related disputes, trust and estate litigation and other fiduciary litigation, oil and gas litigation, commercial real estate litigation and intellectual property litigation. Randy’s practice has also included appeals in securities fraud, real estate, wrongful death and other cases.
Randy is AV Preeminent rated in the field of Labor & Employment Law by Martindale-Hubbell, the highest level of peer rated professional excellence. He has earned selection to Thomson Reuters’ list of Texas Super Lawyers (2007-2017) in Business Litigation, Intellectual Property Litigation, Employment Litigation, as published in Texas Monthly. Randy has also been recognized by H Magazine as one of Houston’s Top Lawyers Randy is Board Certified in Civil Trial Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization.
- Partner, Wright & Close, LLP, 2010 – Present
- Partner, Wright Brown & Close, LLP, 2009 – 2010
- Partner, Golden & Owens, LLP, 2001 – 2009
- Partner, Buck Keenan & Owens, LLP, 1994 – 2000
- Associate, Buck Rouner & Keenan, LLP, 1990 – 1993
- Associate, Miller Bristow & Brown, LLP, 1988 – 1990
- Board Certified, Civil Trial Law, Texas Board of Legal Specialization
- State Bar of Texas (Litigation and Oil and Gas sections)
- Houston Bar Association (Director, Litigation Section, 2002 - 2003)
- American Bar Association